Saturday, December 6, 2014

Keep The Journey Going


Life is like a road trip... for me anyway. Sometimes you take off in the car with no idea where you are going, but just want to feel the wind in your hair and the miles slipping by. Usually there are maps to help when you get lost, but more often than not, the "getting lost" part is the best part of the trip.

Some places will become so familiar and bring so much joy, you might decide to stay for a while. Other places will be disappointing and you'll just get in your car and move on.


I like the idea of being open to all the possibilities that come my way and flexible enough that I'm willing to take a chance on a new place, a new person or a new experience.

My favorite part of a road trip is finding a sign for something intriguing up ahead and the exhilarating feeling of making the turn and seeing something new.


That was how I found several of my favorite hiking places - just taking a chance on a sign.


So let's do that this next year. Let's be open to the unknown and allow new adventures to make us better people. Don't wait for someone to tell you where to go or what to see. Get in your car and just go. Take a chance on a sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment