Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sojos ~ A Treat Review

 
Sojos was so kind to send us a sample box of their new treats recently! I love the fact that these treats are 100% raw freeze-dried meat... a perfect fit for Charlie's diet.

And honestly, the treats couldn't have come at a better time.

I've probably said this before, but training isn't something you do once and then you're done and your dog is perfect.

No.

Training is something that is a constant, ongoing effort. It needs tons of reinforcement - the positive kind.

And good treats are the key!


I'm a big fan of Tamar Geller's book, The Loved Dog. I've read and re-read this book several times because just like dogs, humans need constant training too! As her website declares, "It's a lifestyle." So true.

One of my favorite parts in her book is when she "throws a party" when the dog does something correct, rewarding them with "gold" treats.

For those of you who don't know... "gold" treats are the REALLY yummy ones!



So why was this a good time to get Sojos treats? Because Charlie has been pushing her luck with me lately and I realized it was because I've let my training slack off a bit. You know how it is... summer is busy.

Anyway, Charlie has been enjoying all this "outside" time quite a bit and sometimes when it's time to leave a park or a hiking trail or a campsite, she throws a fit (like a 2-year-old having a tantrum) and decides she's not going to listen to me.

But if I have a jackpot of treats in my pouch, she'll do whatever I want. And that's exactly how positive reinforcement training works! She does what I want and I reward her with yummy goodness.

Gold treats, people. Sojos has them.

Peanut photo-bombed me! She couldn't wait to get a treat!

2 comments: