Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hiking and a Playground


Charlie and I had a beautiful hike last Sunday... the warmest day of the year so far - 58 degrees! The Eau Claire River is beginning to thaw and ice chunks were cracking off and floating down the river. Melting snow and ice plopped down on us from the tree branches above like a snowy rain in the brightest sunshine. Such magic.



After our hike, I lingered in the playground and basked in the sun. Charlie ate sticks and dug holes through the snow into the sand below, while I sat on the swings and played on the monkey bars; it was a lovely day.


I even heard an owl hooting nearby...

Listen here:


And another VIDEO of Charlie bugging me to play "fetch" with a twig:




2 comments:

  1. Wow ... I remember growing up in a place that had snow in April! ;-) It's beautiful, and a world away from west-coast spring! Charlie looks like she's having a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having lived in Wisconsin all my life, April snow is a way of life! I've always been VERY interested in the Pacific Northwest and hope to visit there someday... it seems like such a beautiful place and so different from what I'm used to. :) Charlie absolutely loves being outdoors, especially if sticks are available!

      Delete